Monday 21 October 2013

Art through the years.


No it is not art through the years in general, but my art - as I have progressed through this thing known as life. Anyway, I was looking through my deviantart gallery and I thought might slow the progress of how my art has gotten better. We will start at the beginning (my first ever drawing uploaded onto deviantart) and we will make it through to my latest drawing on deviantart.

Here we go:

First Drawing:

So this drawing is titled 'Daphne and Red BFFs' 
This was the first drawing I uploaded onto deviantart and I was so proud of it - at the age of eleven. 
Looking back now, it isn't very good and I am not fond of it. Yet there is something about the drawing that makes me smile whenever I look at it. Whether it be it reminds me of my bubbly personality back when I was 11 - portrayed through the drawing style. Or it is just on how bad it is, we will never know.



So this was the second drawing I did and it is of my favourite book series - when I was 11 - entitled 'The Sisters Grimm.' 
The characters in this are: (from left to right) Red, Daphne, Elvis, Sabrina and Puck (who is currently not on the picture)
I like this picture a little, mainly because it is a massive improvement from the first one.



This is just a copy of Red, stuck on a background I made for a competion.
I would call it art work but it is technically cheating because I just copy and pasted stuff from previous drawings. 
Yet I like it. I like it a lot. It is my first piece of digital art :)




Body great.
Head not so much.



Ah! Now I am very proud of this one.
My first dragon that I drew all by myself! 
Sure I copied the design from a photo I found on google images...
But everything else is by me! 



I thought this was lovely at the time...
Oh boy I was wrong, looking back on it now I can see that the shading wasn't done correctly and it is just a lot of scribble.
Though I thought it looked nice before it was scanned it.




And this is when the ponies start to kick it...
Oh, younger Catherine get out while you still can.



I see you are ignoring me younger Catherine. 
Ok you still are early on in this fandom.
BACK OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN.




Stop


Stop it.



YOUNGER CATHERINE STOP DRAWING THESE PONIES.


That's better.
That's actually quite good...
Wait. THAT TURTLE IS FROM THE MY LITTLE PONY SHOW!
What did I tell you?!
Oh now you're drawing OCs now?
Is that how it going to be huh?
Fine then.
Go draw ponies.
Don't come crying to me, younger Catherine, when you can't get out of the My Little Pony fandom and it starts to ruin your life, by you become a very shy person, can't get outside, it ruins your social life. 
But what would I know. It's not like I have spent a year trying to succeed in leaving the fandom - in which I eventually did succeed - and have spent the last year getting your life back on track.
You will thank me in a few months time when you take a break from EVERYTHING on the internet. Including ponies.


Right! Ignore all my warnings.
Leaving you alone now, younger Catherine
Bye.


...
...........
..................................
Okay, this one is quite good.
I am guessing these are your pony OCs, before you left the fandom?
Ah yes! I remember Sky High was yours and the two unicorns were her sisters, Harmony Hope and Amber Essence.

Your OC as a filly, and her mother Rowan Oak? 
Rowan looks nice but Sky not so much.
Why did I ever like ponies?!


Ah! Now I remember. This was the last drawing you did of My Little Pony, before you went into pony shut down mode, a.k.a leaving the fandom and the internet.
You did this with Kristina, took you two eight hours, if my memory serves me correct. 
Anyway moving swiftly on.
I am happy knowing you are about to leave the fandom after this drawing.

BREAK FROM THE INTERENT AND DEVIANTART FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS.




BACK!!!



Now, we are back to my present self!
I drew this after viewing Adventure Time for the first time. 
I fell in love with the drawing style and decided to have ago on my own.
So I drew Georgie's, Kristina's and My OC - Lavender, Ivy and Tulia (from left to right)
They were brought up to present day, so this is what they would look like now.
I am very proud of this :)


                                     
                         

These next three were all drawn at the same time and two of the three were drawn for Kristina - as they are her Percy Jackson OC, Charlotte "Charlie" DeClairmont. The little balrog is Charlie's pet Castiel.

The blonde one is Annabelle Glaylin. She is my Percy Jackson OC and is the daughter of Apollo. She is also Irish and blurts out in Galiage with she gets flustered.

I am extremely happy with these drawings because it was the first time I have ever been to draw humans like that :)

                      

Me with my beautiful cats, drawn in Adventure Time Style! Very pleased with how this turned out :).

Last one!!

Last but certainly not least is my most recent drawing and it was for a one of my beautiful American Buddies. Jess :). 

                           M.         

This was drawn for Jess, on a very cheap program with a even cheaper stylist. It is my first piece of digital art I am actually proud of. I should be as well because it turned out gorgeously! Even though it was a bit of a challenge!


So we have come to the end of my journey through deviantart over two years.
There is more but I decided to go with the hand drawn stuff - to show the progress with my hand drawing since I was 11.
I hope you enjoyed this and I may do another one of these for my fanfiction account - which was set up, roughly, at the same time as my deviantart account was. 
So 11 year old Catherine writing fanfics for the sisters grimm fandom ^.^

Peace Out

~Cath

1 comment: