Saturday 28 September 2013

The Perks Of Being A House Maid.

Well I was a lady's maid today! I was helping in a reinactment. Gosh it was fun! I played a German maid called Hanna, she was Lady Georgina's maid. Lady Georgina and Hanna lived at Hanbury hall, and that was where the reinactment was. For those of you who don't know, Hanbury Hall is this place:


Grand isn't it?

Anyway, I dressed up as a maid and wondered the beautiful hall and gardens, in my costume. I felt right at home with the place... I felt really special and jazzed up :D.  

Lady Georgina and Sir Harry Vernon, owned Hanbury Hall back in the late 19th Century and early 20th Century. So we were doing a reinactment of their 50th wedding anniversary. It was good fun. I like being a German maid, I can speak German too which really helped me get into character!


Hanna and Sir Harry:


I look like I am about to burst out laughing...

Hanna and The Lady of the house, Georgina:


The Lady and her maid.

Smiles all round!

Flowers:

I think I made a good job of arranging those flowers!

A pay rise is in order!

Quiet as a mouse:


                                                As a maid I must be as quiet as a mouse... 
                                                                     Which I am. 
                      That is the servant's corridor I am walking down, the correct place for me!

Hanna, the maid:





I had so much fun today!
I really hope to do more stuff like this in the future :)


1 comment: